Grid-tied solar array installation
Do you want to:
- Generate your own power?
- Lower or eliminate your hydro bill?
- Benefit the community?
- Have a clean, renewable source of electricity?
These are all great ideas! A grid-tied solar array is a renewable energy solution that can help you achieve all of those goals. In fact, many homes and businesses are being set up with grid-tied solar arrays to help offset power costs and be more energy-friendly.
At Island Electric, we’re incredibly proud of our certification and experience that allows us to help you transition to a grid-tied solar array power system, or to go off-grid entirely. We’re your grid-tied power system specialists on Upper Vancouver Island and the Gulf Islands, including Campbell River and the Comox Valley.
Benefits of a grid-tied solar array power system
- Grid-tied solar arrays allow for the collection of solar energy without the use of batteries. By hooking up your home to BC Hydro’s electrical grid, you always have electricity available at the flick of a switch, but you also have your own independent source of renewable power.
- We use solar panels with a 25-year warranty, a typical lifespan of at least 50 years.
- Through the use of solar panels and an inverter, you are connected to the general grid but you will only be billed if you’re consuming more power than you are generating. Depending on the size or your home or office and its energy consumption, a grid-tied system will allow you to use the grid when you have additional energy requirements and sell excess power back to BC Hydro when you don’t – a process call net-metering.
- Grid-tied solar systems typically have fewer upfront expenses when compared to off-grid systems, as there is no need for battery storage.
- Grid-tied systems are very flexible in terms of size and allow for the addition of more solar panels as needs grow and resources permit.
How Island Electric will get your grid-tied solar array system up and running
Our Red Seal certified and highly experienced electricians will work with you to assess your load requirements and determine the size of solar array system necessary for your home or business. We’ll walk you through the process every step of the way, making sure to accommodate your requirements, desires and budget.
Grid-tied solar system installation process:
- Site analysis
- Load (energy need) evaluation
- Assistance in submitting net-metering application to BC Hydro
- Solar array system design and installation
- Submit electrical inspection document to BC Hydro
- On BC Hydro’s authorization, connect system to grid
Find more information on the BC Hydro Net Metering program.
Are you ready to eliminate high electricity bills? Contact us today for a free consultation!