We’re your electricians on Upper Vancouver Island
You’ve chosen to build a custom home because it’s more than just a home – it’s a reflection of your way of life. You know what you want and, at Island Electric, we know how to help you achieve it.
Island Electric is dedicated to helping you bring your custom home to life. From design through installation, we will work with you and your builder step-by-step to ensure your home’s electrical system is up to code, up to your expectations and up to our own demanding standards of quality. Throughout it all, you can count on us to keep you up-to-date on your project’s progress and budget.
We know that any residential electrical installation, no matter the size or complexity, requires coordination, attention to detail and a very high level of expertise. Our Certified Red Seal Electricians have you covered – your home’s electrical system is in more than capable hands!
When to bring in a residential electrical contractor?
While we always like to be involved from the design stages through to foundation and framing, we have the skills and know-how to get on board at any point during your build. We have heaps of experience with different construction methods – including timber framing, concrete, steel, earthen structure and standard stud framing – and we enjoy working with all design and style challenges.
Our custom home electrical services include, but are not limited to:
- Project assessment and design
- Cost analysis and preliminary projected budget
- Acquisition of all required permits
- Power meter and electrical panel service
- General residential wiring, including appliance wiring and installation and upgrades or repair for remodels
- Architectural lighting design and installation, particularly those highlighting décor or landscaping features
- Data network installations, both wireless or wired computer circuits for home or office
- Bathroom and spa wiring, with code compliant circuit installation, shock protection and GFI installation
- Exterior lighting and power supply, including underground electrical circuits, concealed mood lighting & sensors
- Audio-visual system wiring, such as concealed audiovisual speaker and cable wiring for multi-room systems
- Home automation, both for convenience and security
- Coordination of inspections
Count on Island Electric for your custom build
As Red Seal certified, FSR Class B electrical contractors, we not only have the certification but also the experience to keep your project running smoothly. We will communicate clearly and often with you and any other contractors throughout the process to ensure your home is completed promptly and to the highest standards.
Is your coastal building site remote or water-access only? Not to worry, we have our own marine transportation!